The sandwich we made at the cooking class on Friday! It was scrumptious!
This past week has been fantastic! I was in Houston all last week and I was so excited to be back in the kitchen cooking and back at my group fitness classes. Oh, how I have missed you! On Friday, we had a work sponsored cooking class in the afternoon and it was a blast. We made a great salad lyonnaise, french onion soup, croque monsiour, and nutella crepes – so delicious! I finally learned how to poach an egg! I didn’t think it was as easy as it really is! This weekend, I drove up to College Station to have lunch with my brother who was studying for his finals at Texas A&M. We had some great fajitas at Lupe Tortillas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. When I got back to Houston, I met up with some friends to continue the Cinco de Mayo celebration. It ended up being a great day and I ran into a couple of friends who I have not seen in a long time. Overall, it was a great, relaxing weekend and just what I needed!
On to the second and hardest part of this post – I have WAY over indulged in all of the spring sales that have been going on recently and my wallet needs a break. I have decided that for the next four weeks, I will not be purchasing any non-essential things. To keep myself on track, I have created a few self-imposed guidelines:
– I will not purchase any clothing, shoes, purses, jewelry items for myself
– I will not purchase any beauty products
– I will not purchase any additional subscription boxes, even if they are amazing
– I will only buy essentials (e.g. food, paper towels, etc.)
– I will be able to purchase gifts for friends and relatives (I mean it is Mother’s Day and Graduation month…)
– I will share my weekly update on Something Gold. Something Blue
Have you ever done this before? Do you have any tips for me?