I am seriously amazed that it is already November and the holidays will be here before we know it. As I mentioned in Friday’s post, I love the holiday season for so many reasons, but one thing is for sure – it is always extremely busy. One of the ways that I have tried to reduce the stress on my schedule is to keep the same foundation of an outfit, but glam it up by changing a few things that can easily go to the office with me. Since I shared the work look of this outfit in Friday’s blog post, today I wanted to share my evening outfit and some of my tips for easily (and quickly) transitioning your outfit from work during the holiday season to that evening happy hour or holiday soiree.
Tips for easily transitioning your work outfit to an evening holiday party:
- Start with a good foundation – a festive pleated skirt and black tights are what I’ll be reaching for this year (I am a huge fan of dresses, but what I love about skirts is that there are so many outfit combinations that can be made)
- For your evening looks, give everyone a bit of cold shoulder (no, don’t be mean – expose those gorgeous shoulders, y’all)
- Change from a large bag/tote to an adorable (and quirky) clutch
- Add a bit of glam by changing your studs to a statement earring
- Exchange out that watch for a small bangle (there’s no need to keep track of time when you’re having fun, right?)
- Give yourself a little boost by adding a chunky heel mule (or whatever footwear you feel the most comfortable in)
- Add an extra coat of lipstick and show off those pearly whites
- Last but not least, (and mainly a reminder for me) let work stay at work and enjoy yourself – the holidays only come around once a year
Photography by L.A. Photography
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you purchase through these links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details and thank you for supporting SGSB!