So, I started this series a while back to share those items that I wish were in my closet. I stopped it a few months ago when I was trying to take more outfit posts, but since I started traveling again for work (every Monday-Thursday), I have a bit more spare time on my hands in the evening to browse my favorite retailers for some of these items. and decided to dedicate this Wishlist Wednesday to my favorite travel essentials. I have focused on items that are in my suitcase every week and things I can’t live without. Some items I have purchased and others are on the wishlist for when I have some money in my budget to afford them (#AdultingIsHard).
So let’s re-cap why I love these items for travel:
- First and foremost, I need my mascara – OK, if I’m being honest, it’s just a daily essential. But, when I am traveling I find that I need the extra “oomf” from the mascara to make my eyes look bigger (and me less tired….). I love the Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara because it adds volume and length all while curling my lashes (aka. no need to bring an eyelash curler).
- I don’t like to wear a ton of makeup on the plane. Normally it’s a bit of CC cream, some mascara and a little bit of color on my cheeks. I love this NARS Orgasm Blush because it adds the perfect rouge without being overpowering.
- I always like to pack a black blazer that can be layered with multiple tops. Plus, I always get cold in the office, so this gives me an extra layer to stay warm! This blazer from Madewell is fantastic – I love that it is a bit unstructured, so it doesn’t look unpolished, but it is not stuffy either (perfect for going from work to dinner/drinks)!
- Speaking of multiple tops, I love both of these options because they are easy to layer and they have unique aspects that add a bit of fun to my outfit. The blue Ellen Tracy top is a gorgeous color paired with the black blazer. The black and white printed Melissa McCarthy Seven top
- These Eloquii Kady pants are my go-to for work. They provide enough structure without being constricting. The skinny leg makes them perfect for going out in the evening as well.
- If you have followed Something Gold, Something Blue for a bit, you know that I am the biggest proponent of flats. This is especially true in airports because of all the walking that I have to do. These Cole Haan Neutral Ballet Flats are perfect! They are comfortable and the neutral color allows them to be worn with most outfits (a win-win when traveling)!
- When you travel weekly, a durable suitcase is a must-have. I recently had to get rid of my first TravelPro suitcase after 2 years of traveling pretty much every week – I was pretty happy that it lasted that long, so I decided to get another Travelpro this time. For a carry-on size suitcase, I love the spinner suitcases because it is easy to maneuver and it can walk right next to you. For larger suitcases that have to be checked, I think that the spinner wheels put a lot of pressure on the suitcase and the weight makes it hard to direct. If you are looking for a reasonably priced, durable carry-on, I recommend this Travelpro Spinner Suitcase.
- Bring a water bottle with me on travel is an essential for me. When I stay hydrated, I have so much more energy an feel better. I recieved my Swell Water Bottle for Christmas and have been drinking a lot more water because of it. One of the great features of the S’well is that it is made from Stainless Steel, which keeps your drinks cool for 24 hours or warm for 12 hours. I haven’t tried warm drinks in it yet, but it does keep my water ice cold!
- Spending lots of time at the airport, I find myself checking Instagram, my email and playing Candy Crush a lot and finding outlets cannot always be the easiest (although I have seen a lot more recently), so this Ban.do Portable Charger is an adorable addition to my work bag and allows me to stay connected.
Are you trying to stick to your budgeting resolutions, but missing your favorite soy no-foam vanilla latte from Starbucks (I know, I am). Well, I have an answer – I teamed up with a great group of bloggers to bring y’all some caffeine in the form of a $200 Starbucks gift card. Make sure to check out the Rafflecopter below to find out how you can enter!
I’ve teamed up with some blogger friends to give you the chance to win a prize you’re going to love — a $200 Starbucks Gift Card!
Are you a blogger who wants to participate in giveaways like these to grow your blog? Click here to join the VIP Email List for details on how to be included in the next giveaway opportunity!
Prize: $200 Starbucks Gift Card
Rules: Use the Rafflecopter form to enter daily. Giveaway ends 2/1 and is open worldwide. Winner will be notified via email.